CAFM Casting Notice Protocol
CAFM wants to help you get the best talent for your project and help with effective communication between our actors and your production team. Just follow this check list when you submit your casting notices.
Information to include in your casting notice:
- Summary of your project. Give a plot summary and a brief description of each character, plus the title and log line of your film.
- List the age range, gender, ethnicity, and union status for each actor you need. Additional details such as hair color, height, body type, etc. will help you get the best submissions.
- General filming location(s), and whether you can provide transportation or a stipend for travel.
[This helps actors decide whether they’re willing to travel to you before they submit.]
- Links to information about the director, producer and writer, including their demo reels and/or websites.
- The sides for your script, and whether or not you’ll provide the entire script before filming.
[Some actors prefer to see the entire project before accepting a role.]
- The estimated dates of work and time commitments for each actor.
- Any pay or other compensation (like "meal and a reel").
- The best e-mail and phone number to contact you for this project.